Economic Support Measures
On the business side, whether you’re trying to navigate the challenges of digitalisation, globalisation or the market effects of Covid-19, Malta Enterprise has a series of schemes intended to assist start-ups and support established businesses to innovate, expand and grow.
The Ment+ Programme was created to continue offering support along with a number of incentives that are currently available for businesses and self-employed which were negatively impacted by the Covid-19 pandemic:
Change to Grow 2021:
- Enhanced Business Re-engineering and Transformation Scheme
- Criteria widened to include self-employed and micro enterprises
- Double the aid intensity cap from €5,000 to €10,000 for implemented projects
- Specific resources will be dedicated to support scheme take-up
Restart Incentive Scheme 2021:
- Tangible support to entrepreneurs who faced serious challenges to their going concern.
- Entrepreneurs will be offered the possibility to engage professional business advisory
- The scheme will finance advisory costs up to €5,000 which could be extended to €10,000 to support the implementation phase of the new business initiative.
Smart and Sustainable Investment Scheme 2021:
- To assist companies in kick-starting the investment cycle after the pandemic
- To signal the policy direction in terms of new economic niches which the country intends to develop in line with the European Green Deal
- Incisive aid intensity in the form of cash grants up to €50,000
- Additional 20% support in the form of tax credits
The cash grant will be increased in the following instances:
- Investments made in Gozo,
- Investment made by start-up companies,
- Investments which directly create new green jobs
To find out about more Economic Support Measures kindly visit:
Malta Enterprise Business Schemes 2021